De vreme ce ieri dimineata am terminat una dintre noile carti de care sunt dependenta, m-am gandit ca in seara asta sa va arat cateva dintre citatele mele preferate. Este vorba despre primul volum din seria “Mara Dyer” de Michelle Hodkin, adica “The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer”.
Am inceput cartea in weekend si ieri dimineata am termiant-o. A fost geniala si pentru ca a fost atat de buna, a trebuit sa ma apuc si de cartea a doua. Trebuie sa scriu recenzia la prima carte acum, dar pana sa fac asta, vreau sa va arat cateva dintre citatele mele preferate din aceasta carte superba. Si oh, ce greu a fost sa aleg numai cateva dintre toate citatele pe care le-am pastrat din acest volum!
- “What would you do if I kissed you right now?”
I stared at his beautiful face and his beautiful mouth and I wanted nothing more than to taste it. “I would kiss you back.”
- “Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.”
- “You’re the girl who called me an asshole the first time we spoke. The girl who tried to pay for lunch even after you learned I have more money than God. You’re the girl who risked her ass to save a dying dog, who makes my chest ache whether you’re wearing green silk or ripped jeans. You’re the girl that I–” Noah stopped, then took a step closer to me. “You are my girl.”
- “Have you kissed many boys before?” he asked quietly.
His question brought my mind back into focus. I raised an eyebrow. “Boys? That’s an assumption.”
Noah laughed, the sound low and husky. “Girls, then?”
“Not many girls? Or not many boys?”
“Neither,” I said. Let him make of that what he would.
“I am taking away that word. You are no longer allowed to use it. How many?”
My cheeks flushed, but my voice was steady as I answered. “One.”
At this, Noah leaned in impossibly closer, the slender muscles in his forearm flexing as he bent his elbow to bring himself nearer to me, almost touching. I was heady with the proximity of him and grew legitimately concerned that my heart might explode. Maybe Noah wasn’t asking. Maybe I didn’t mind. I closed my eyes and felt Noah’s five o’ clock graze my jaw, and the faintest whisper of his lips at my ear.
“He was doing it wrong.”
- You could start a fire with the heat between you two.”
“You’re mistaking bitter animosity for heartfelt affection.”
- “In my rush, I hadn’t tied my shoelaces. Noah was now tying them for me.
He looked up at me through his dark fringe of lashes and smiled. The expression on his face melted me completely. I knew I had the goofiest grin plastered on my lips, and didn’t care.
“There,” he said as he finished tying the laces on my left shoe. “Now you won’t fall.”
- “What could I say? Noah, despite you being an asshole, or maybe because of it, I’d like to rip off your clothes and have your babies.”
- “I hate you,” I muttered.
Noah smiled wider. “I know.”
- “You’re supposed to say, ‘All I want is your happiness. I’ll do whatever it takes, even if it means being without you.'”
“Sorry,” Noah said. “I’m just not that big of a person.”
- “I was warned about you, you know.”
And with that half-smile that wrecked me, Noah said, “But you’re here anyway.”
- “That mouth. Smoking was a bad habit, yes. But he looked so good doing it.”
- “Where are you going?”
“My God, you’re like the plague.”
“A masterfully crafted, powerfully understated, and epic parable of timeless moral resonance? Why, thank you. That’s one of the nicest things anyone’s ever said to me,” he said.
“The disease, Noah. Not the book.”
“I’m ignoring that qualification.”
- “Why do you always look like you just rolled out of bed?’
‘Because usually I have.’ And the way he raised his eye-brow at me made me blush.
‘Classy,’ I said.”
- “Mara, I have never felt about anyone the way I feel about you. And when you’re ready for me to show you,” he said, brushing my hair to the side, “I’m going to kiss you.” His thumb grazed my ear and his hand curved around my neck. He leaned me backward and my eyes fluttered closed. I breathed in the scent of him as he leaned in and kissed the hollow under my ear. My pulse raced under his lips.
“And I won’t settle for anything less.”
- “Let me guess. A certain unkempt bastard with a panty-dropping smile?”
Gata, gata, ma opreasc! Pana la urma, trebuie sa va mai las si voua cate ceva de citit in momentul in care veti vrea sa cititi cartea, (moment care sper sa fie cat mai aproape), nu?
Daca aceste citate nu v-au convins sa cititi cartea, sper ca recenzia mea (care este va drum) sa va convinga.